Tarangire Sopa Lodge
Tarangire Sopa Lodge was opened in January 1995, and is an all-suite lodge of 75 suites, with scenic views and good game viewing possibilities. The lodge is located on the eastern side of the Tarangire River opposite Tarangire Hill. The Tarangire National Park is 120 kilometers (75 miles) from Arusha by road, and is one of Tanzania's most easily accessible conservation areas. The park is a 2,600 square kilometers (900 square miles) area of remarkable beauty and rewarding game drives, and is on the traditional migration route of several species of wildlife. The lodge is 30 kilometers (20 miles) from the park entrance gate, about an hour's drive through an area rich in wildlife. The alternative is a 20 minute chartered flight from Arusha followed by a 45-minute drive through plentiful wildlife to the lodge
Tell Me More About Tarangire Sopa Lodge Located In Tarangire National Park, as an African Safari Accommodation in Tanzania?
Culinary and Dining Experience At Tarangire Sopa Lodge Located In Tarangire National Park, Tanzania
- Each suite is carpeted, and consists of a small comfortable lounge, en-suite bathroom, large bedroom with two queen sized beds, and balcony. Bathrooms are fitted with walk in shower, lavatory, washbasin and bidet, hairdryer and shaving socket. Access to the balcony is via sliding doors fitted with secondary mosquito screens. All beds are fitted with mosquito nets as standard. Non-smoking suites are available.
- Each suite has a mini fridge, complimentary bottled water and glasses. Bathroom supplies at Tarangire Sopa Lodge include shampoo, soaps and shower gel. Freshly laundered towels and washcloths are provided daily. Hot and cold running water is available each 6 am to 8 am and 6 pm to 8 pm. Cold water is available at all times. Electricity is available 24 hours.
The multiple meal facilities at Tarangire Sopa Lodge which include the following:
Nature Experience and Activities at Tarangire Sopa Lodge Located In Tarangire National Park, Tanzania
- The Restaurant: Located in the main building, the high ceiling spacious restaurant and terrace have spectacular views of the bush and resident wildlife. The area is non-smoking. Meals served are a cosmopolitan combination of European, African and Asian dishes, all made with fresh produce. Breakfast is served buffet style. Both lunch and dinner comprise of four courses: starter, soup, main course and pudding, incorporating vegetarian options.
- The Lounge and Tuska Bar serves soft drinks, beers, wines, cocktails and liqueurs, tea and coffee all day and evening.
- Sunset Meeting Room offers excellent facilities for conferences and meetings of all kinds.
- The Coffee Shack is open all day for complimentary tea and coffee, located near to the reception area. Additionally, a wide range of liqueur coffees and chocolates are available.
- Pool Bar: Located at the swimming pool, the Pool Bar is surrounded by a patio area and small sheltered umbrella areas. Soft drinks, beers, wines, cocktails and liqueurs, tea and coffee are available from the pool bar all day. Outdoor lunches and buffets are available on prior request.
- Swimming pool on the lodge grounds mostly enjoyed by children.
- Day wildlife watching and game driving safaris.
- Ornithological safaris.
- Maasai Village visits.
- Specially planned dinners in the bush.
- 75 suites
- en-suite bathroom with shaver sockets and hair dryer
- private lounge with mini-bar
- private verandah
- swimming pool
- conference room
- direct-dial satellite telephone
- satellite TV and wildlife videos
- curio shop