The Selous Safari Camp
On the banks of the Rufiji River, is designed to blend in with the spectacular natural scenery in what is one of the most photogenic areas of the Selous Game Reserve. Each of the twelve safari tents is on its own raised timber platform, affording guests an unmatched experience of the African bush.
The camp has the prime position at the centre of the unique riverine and lake complex, with the highest concentration of African wildlife and myriad birdlife. There are no fences and no artificial modifications to the natural fauna and so animals wander freely through the camp
Much as guests are encouraged to become as one with the bush surroundings, full consideration has been given to comfort within the camp itself. The spacious tents are luxuriously appointed, with en suite bathrooms and open-air hot-water showers. The camp has its own swimming pool, enabling guests to cool off in the heat of the day. Our chefs prepare the finest cuisine from a well-supplied kitchen. Meals are complemented by a good selection of wines and there is a well-stocked bar.
- 9 opulent tented suites on raised wooden platforms with palm canopies & views
- Tents designed with widest side to front, to maximize views and breeze
- 6ft wide double beds with bedside tables & lamps, Ceiling fans and 240v lighting
- En suite bathrooms with double brass basins, cupboard space and dressing area
- Adjoining shower area open to the skies
- Two verandas - one to front off the bedroom, second off rear of tent
- Laundry services available